Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I wish you a "G'day"!

As I write this I have to admit to wondering whether or not anyone will find it and read it. That’s the strange yet fascinating thing about blogging and its ‘kin’.

So, in the hope that someone, you, will read this I’d like to say “G’day”! This is our Australian way of greeting folk.

In a sense “G’day” could be saying “Have a good day”  on your own on in company. However it could also encourage you to allow God to be in your day. Then whatever comes you have a confidence that things will work out fine.

There are times when you are confronted with a ‘B’day’! The unexpected, unwanted and unpleasant strikes out of the blue and forces you to change your well crafted plans.

Recently that happened to my wife and I. On Sunday night Mary wasn’t feeling very well. Her sleep was spasmodic and restless. Monday a phone call got her an appointment with a doctor. Mary’s regular one was away and she had a  young locum. She was very thorough and picked up the problem. It was around the kidney and was also infected. Ambulance called and the journey to Launceston General Hospital underway. I was sent home to collect the necessary things for Mary’s stay in hospital.

You know that was a ‘G’day’ in disguise. Our whole day was turned on its head. In fact the whole week had to be re-orientated. However under the care and professionalism of doctors and nurses what could have been very serious was kept in check. In a little while an operation is scheduled to deal with the kidney stone.

So Mary and I consider that Monday to actually be a good day overseen by God. I’m reminded of Proverbs 3:6: ‘In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths’.

What looked like being for us a ‘B’day’ was prevented by competent people and our Lord’s overruling in our everyday affairs.

So, may I close by wishing you a “G’day”!

Ray (it’ll be right) Hawkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment