Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Vitamin D for Good health

The Need for Vitamin D.
I went to the doctor’s recently. He gave me a good pass considering my age. However he did write a script for me to purchase some vitamin D. I wasn’t sure if it was because of my being indoors too much or simply Tasmania’s weather through Autumn and Winter.

This vitamin is essential for producing calcium and sound bones which in turn prevents rickets. So a tablet a day keeps rickets and other nasties at bay.

Being a preacher I thought how good it would be if I could prescribe vitamin D in its spiritual form. Too many Christians suffer from a deficiency of being in the Son-light and suffer from a lack of stamina in their faith. Their spiritual strength and motivation suffers from the spiritual equivalent of rickets. Their Christian life, worship and enthusiasm is disjointed and unable to stand the strain of an ungodly society.

The most efficient manner for spending time in the Son-light is by a daily dose of Scripture and prayer. The Bible society has become alarmed at the poor spiritual health of church goers. To assist in their recovery of strength to handle life and motivation to obey the Lord it has produced a great ‘vitamin kit’. It’s called ‘Live Light in 25 words’. The idea is to take the time to read approximately 25 words from the Bible daily. This will bring the Light of God’s grace into your life. In return it will counter the spiritual ailments of living in the shadows of ignorance and unbelief.

Do you want to know where to begin this ‘treatment? Genesis is best. Next I’d recommend Gospel of Mark followed by the Psalms.  Doing this will help you enjoy the promise of the Lord Jesus in John 8:12:’I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life’.

So in the words of the Apostle John in 3 John 2 ‘Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul’.

Ray (vitamin D enthusiast) Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment